These are messages to myself, you may not necessarily agree with them, yet they are lessons I need drilled into my thick skull.
- There is such a thing as being over- competitive; that intense need to win can be detrimental and can backfire. It can also eat you alive or cause severe depression when you lose.
- Sometimes, irrespective of how much energy you put in, a cause could be utterly futile.
- The customer is ALWAYS right! One can not decide they’ve had enough of a customer being unrealistic, un-informed, cheap, arrogant, stupid or flaky. Under no circumstance is it alright to snap at a customer.
- All good things come to he who waits. Must…practice… patience.
- Allow for circumstances. Just cause your bosses promised you things, doesn’t mean that they can’t eat their words due to “unforeseeable circumstances”.
- Just because you’ve done the work, is under no way a guarentee that you will get any of the credit.
- No matter how brilliant you think you are, it’s what your boss thinks that matter.
- There is no such thing as a job description, grow up and get over this point already!
- Never again work for a company with fewer than 20 people on the ground. More so if you are going to be the youngest member in the team.
- It is ok to be tired, exhausted, exasperated and suicidal. As long as you find healthy release.
- Crying is therapy.
- My best friend is bliss.
- CFA self-study was (and continues to be) a bad idea, was absurd to think one could teach oneself self discipline by studying to sit for the CFA exam without an institutional study structure.
- Your superiors can give you hell about not meeting targets, then pass a perfectly fine deal to another branch because they are scared of taking the responsibility of executing such a large project. WTF??????!!!!! (can’t talk myself into this one quite yet).