2015 was a year of celebration brimming with engagements and weddings and partying. Yet it was also a year of personal growth. Taking time today to take stock of the key updates since the last posting of my bucket list.
- Travel the world. Safari in Kenya, dance in the streets of Brazil, snorkel around the Australian reef, pray in Palestine and take a photo sitting cross-legged on the floor in the square in front of the Kremlin. – Pending
- Write and publish a book that means a lot to me and which becomes a worldwide (ok, fine! regional or local) best-seller in the field of economics or business. Extra points if it has an awareness and/or local flavour. – Pending
- Jump out of a plane (preferably with a co-conspirator who understands the beauty of that experience). – Pending
- Start my own firm. Indifferent between a boutique management consulting firm and a VC. – HUGE YES!!!! More news soon :)))
- Write a hit song. Get a friend to sing it. Record it in a proper studio. Get the radio to air it. – Pending
- Study abroad at an Ivy league school (and get the highest GPA of that class). – Enrolled in Stanford’s LEAD Certificate for Corporate Innovation UPDATE!!!
- Hold a photography exhibition. Work on my craft to be worthy of hosting one. – Pending
- Speak at an international (economic) forum. – Spoke at local forums yet still pending on an international one.
- Teach university. – Being randomly invited to speak at classes but yet to formulate a course of my own – Taught economic development at PLP
- Become the policy maker. – Not minister yet 🙂 But got to be project manager to the Egypt 2030 Strategy.
- Be the best boss that I can. – Work in progress
- Be a positive influence. – Work in progress
- Strive to learn something new every day. Seek to spread that knowledge and coach and teach others every day. – Work in progress
- Inspire people. – Work in progress
- Make Egypt a better place. – Pending
- Get fit. – New addition inspired by the five floor torture.