In May 2006, my Daddy was turning 55. I’m big on customized gifts; I’m a writer; moreover, me and my dad are really tight.
Seeing that a relationship like ours (mine and my dads) warrants a unique gift; I had compiled words of wisdom my father has told me over the past 20 something years and which have played a major role in shaping my personality and made me the person I am today; had them photoshopped with a photo of him carrying a 3 year old Juka (contemplating sharing the picture) and framed.
Yesterday a chat session with superstar reminded me of the frame sitting on our piano. Thought I’d share.
Words my father told me:-
- The sky is your limit.
- Intelligence doesn’t happen by accident it’s the result of hard and organized WORK.
- Always treat others like you’d like to be treated.
- When you do something… do it right; for the lord loves those who seek to attain perfection in everything they do.
- Work hard…. Play harder.
- Life isn’t fair 🙂 (inside joke)
- When things don’t go your way; have faith in God’s infinite wisdom; you never know what’s around the corner.
- Question everything.
- The learning process knows no end, no matter what you learn it will come in handy someday.
- Everybody witnesses phenomena; genius is about perception, to see it in a light nobody else has seen it in.
- Respect yields even more respect.
- If we don’t agree we can at least be civil.
- The greatest gift in the world is the ability and the opportunity to help others, don’t ever underestimate that, don’t ever be ungenerous with your time or effort.
- There is no such thing as no time; there is good time management and then there’s what you are doing 😉
- Dream huge, shoot for the moon, but always keep your feet firmly on the ground.
- Be yourself 🙂
Daddy dearest, that was the list in 2006, funny thing is retyping it up now, I realised the extent to which I’m still learning! HUGS!