Looking back at 2006 in a different light.
Best Arabic movie: Aw2at Faragh
Best English movie: Crash
Newcomer of the year: Jannat
Album of the year: Elissa (although not as good as her last).
Most played song: Rob Thomas – Lonely No More
Best clip: Nancy Ajram – Ehsas gedeed
Books read and loved: Harry Potter (all the parts), Kafka’s Metamorphosis, A Brave New World (I know it starts out really boring, but it picks up), Mr. Ibrahim and the Flowers of the Quran, Bein Elkasrein, Timeline (Micheal Crichton), Dan Brown (all his other books 🙂 ), I’m sure there are a bunch of others but these are the ones that come to mind.
Best outing: Casper and Gambinis terrace
Soccer mania: Italy won the World Cup (GO CANNAVARO); Ahly kicked ass in Japan and Tunisia, Egypt won the African Cup of Nations, and Chelsea is on fire. Its been a great year for my teams begad.
Things I’d never done before:
- Visited Brussels
- Sat in a stadium and screamed my lungs out
- Started blogging
- Owned an Ipod
- Had so7our (in Ramadan) at a cafe with friends
- Became good friends with complete strangers compliments of the blogging world
- Planned weddings and engagement parties and failed to show up to the actual event
- Read Harry Potter (so to make up for lost time read them back to back)
- Got published
- Taught a class (she aced her exam 😉 )
- Chosen as Time Magazine’s person of the year 😛 (couldn’t help myself)
On the political arena there’s been so much going on I can’t pinpoint an event that was more important than all others. We’ve had a very unsetteling year in the region. We’ve had local elections, Hizbollah in Lebanon, mass killings in Palestine and Iraq and the year capped off with the execution of Saddam.
Overall its been interesting. Seeing that this was so much fun, if you’ve gotten this far in the post (good for you) you’ve just been tagged. 😀
Ciao people, have an AMAZING 2007. May your 2006 #1s pale in comparison to your 2007 #1s.